Sunday, June 19, 2011

Airstream Spotted in the Wilds of Queensland!

The other day, I had to drive down to our place a Federal and check out the driveway with a tractor guy to determine if we will be able to get the trailer down there (still unclear).

Anyway I was driving back up the highway to Brisbane heading home and I was listening to the awesome Vintage Airstream Podcast (The VAP) in the car... as you do.

And what should whizz through my peripheral vision at 110km/h but this pretty thing...


I stopped and doubled back to take a photo.

It had a US license plate on it and some customs markings.  Looks like it has just landed.

Can anyone identify it?

Looks like 1960s, longer than 22 feet.  I think it might be a Tradewind International.

For the US readers, this is probably a pretty frequent sight but for us it is pretty darn rare.

Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment